1) Arkansas Association of Federal Coordinators - Applications should be available online after the first of the year. All seniors are eligible to apply. The link for the scholarship is as follows: https://www.theaaea.org/page/scholarships
2) American Legion Scholarship - Deadline TBA - Counselor's Office
3) Coca Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarship - Deadline TBA . Apply at Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarship
4) Students who earn concurrent credit through Arkansas Tech while in high school are eligible for a $500 scholarship when they enroll at ATU. As long as they successfully complete one course before graduating high school, they should be eligible for the scholarship as an entering freshman.
5) Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund - apply online at www.aspsf.org Deadline for fall semester is TBA
6) Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship - (Lottery) - Requirements: The only requirement is 19 on the ACT or ACT equivalent score. FAFSA is required. Deadline June 1. Apply at Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship All the programs administered by the Arkansas Department of Education will be listed here and a place where you can apply. You will first have to create an account at You Universal. This is the first place the application link will take you. Let me know if you have any questions. Applications Open TBA
7) Governor’s Distinguished Scholarship - High School The Governor’s Distinguished Scholarship is the most academically rigorous scholarship program offered for those graduating seniors scoring either 32 on the ACT or 1410 on the SAT, and a 3.50 academic grade point average. Those who are named National Merit Finalists or National Achievement Scholars may qualify without meeting the GPA requirement, but must still meet the ACT/SAT requirement. The scholarship pays tuition, mandatory fees, room and board up to $10,000 per year. Requirements: At least a 32 ACT (1410 SAT) and a 3.5 GPA to apply. FAFSA not required. Award Amount: $10,000 per year. Apply at scholarships.adhe.edu.
8) Law Enforcement Officers’ Dependents Scholarship (LEO) - Other
LEO provides a waiver of tuition, fees, and room at any public college, university, or technical institute in Arkansas for dependents and spouses of Arkansas law enforcement officers, some Highway and Transportation Department employees, and other public employees, who were killed or permanently disabled in the line of duty. Award Amount: See overview page for Awards Information. Apply at scholarships.adhe.edu.
9) Military Dependents Scholarship (MDS) - Other
MDS provides a waiver of tuition, fees, room and board at any public college, university, or technical institute in Arkansas for dependents and spouses of Arkansans who were killed or missing in action or who were prisoners of war or who are totally and permanently disabled. Award Amount: See overview page for Awards Information. Apply at scholarships.adhe.edu
10) Arkansas Future Grant (ArFuture) - High School - Non-Traditional Students
Arkansas Future (ArFuture), is the newest state grant program. The purpose of this grant is to increase the education and skills of Arkansas’s workforce in an affordable manner. The grant applies to students enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) or regional high demand areas of study. The grant will cover tuition and fees for qualifying certificate and Associate degree programs at Arkansas’ public institutions for eligible students. The grant is available on a first come, first serve basis. Qualifying Degree Programs Apply at scholarships.adhe.edu Requirements: An Applicant must:
Have either graduated from an Arkansas public school, private school, home school or received high school equivalency diploma approved by the Department of Career Education; or
Verify that he or she has resided within the state for the three (3) years immediately preceding application and has either: Graduated from an out-of-state high school, private school, home school or received a high school equivalency diploma approved by another state.
Be enrolled part-time or full-time at an approved institution of higher education in a program of study that leads to an associate degree or a certification in a STEM or regional high demand field.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Apply at scholarships.adhe.edu
11) Gary Sewell Scholarship - Must be returned to Union County Farm Bureau (in the office) by
12) Union County Farm Bureau Scholarship - Must be returned to Union County Farm Bureau (in the office) by Family must be a member of Union County Farm Bureau.
13) Union County Community Foundation Scholarships - Apply online at www.uccfar.org Be sure to have all supporting documents available to download. You can go ahead and go to the website and look at the eligibility requirements and the essays that you have to write. Then you will be ready to apply when the application window opens.
14) Barnette-Harris Scholarship - Local Scholarship - Applications in counselor's office
15) El Dorado Service League Scholarships - Applications in counselor's office
16) Lion Federal Credit Union Scholarships - Applications in counselor's office
17) Kevin Payne Foundation Scholarship - Information will be available in the counselor's office.
18) James Anderson Foundation Scholarship - Information will be available in the counselor's office.
19) VFW Youth Scholarships https://www.vfw.org/community/youth-and-education/youth-scholarships Deadline: TBA
20) Win a $2500 Rover Scholarship https://www.rover.com/college-scholarship/ Deadline:
21) Discover Student Loans Sweepstakes https://scholarship.collegecovered.com/ Deadline: TBA
22) Create-A-Greeting-Card Scholarship https://www.gallerycollection.com/greeting-cards-scholarship.htm Deadline:TBA
23) Getting Real About Distracted Driving Scholarship https://comedydefensivedriving.com/scholarships
24) Jan Wilson Memorial Scholarship - Applications in counselor's office. Deadline: TBA
25) Mike Barrett Memorial Math Scholarship - Applications in counselor's office. Deadline: TBA
26) Robert "Truck" Loggins Memorial Scholarship Guidelines/Application Deadline: TBA
27) Children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of American Legionnaires in good standing, are eligible to apply for the Garner Trust Scholarship and the Coudret Trust Scholarship. Applications may be picked up in Mrs. Owens's office.
28) Applications for the Sharon D. Stepps scholarship are available for pickup in Mrs. Owens's office. Applicants must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA and plan to enroll in a HBCU. The scholarship deadline is October 30, 2022.
29) Information regarding the Hagan Scholarship may be picked up in Owens's office. The deadline to apply is December 1, 2022.
30) Applications for the United States Senate Youth Program Scholarship are available in Mrs. Owens's office. Deadline to apply is October 7, 2022.
Check out the following scholarships recently added to this page!
https://awafoundation.org/How_to_Apply (Automotive Women's Association)
https://www.gwcf.org/scholarship (Washington Crossing Foundation Scholarship)
https://www.torhoermanlaw.com/st-louis-car-accident-lawyer/ (Scholarship app is on the right side of the page)
Arkansas Rural Health Partnership Application/Guidelines!
Click this link for information on a paid internship through Arkansas Rural Health Partnership! Mrs. Owens also has applications.
Seniors, the deadline to turn in your scholarship application for the CPL Jeff Hust Criminal Justice Scholarship to Mrs. Owens is March 14. Remember your career choice should involve law enforcement, criminal justice, or any other related field.
Seniors, the deadline to turn in the El Dorado Service League Scholarship application to Mrs. Owens is March 10. Remember you must be planning on a career field which will ultimately benefit children.
NECC students, the Bernice High School Faculty Scholarship is open to any resident of Union Parish with a cumulative GPA of 3.0. Scholarship applications may be picked from Mrs. Owens's office. The deadline to turn in your application to Mrs. Owens is March 20.
NECC students, the Dr. W.C. Reeves's Scholarship application is available for pickup from Mrs. Owens's office. A 3.0 cumulative GPA is required. The deadline to return your application to Mrs. Owens is March 8.
Lockheed Martin and our Strategic Workforce Initiatives team are excited to announce the 2023 application cycle for our STEM and Vocational Scholarship Programs! This is one of Lockheed Martin’s largest philanthropic investments and demonstrates the corporation’s dedication to supporting the workforce of the future. Applications are open now and close Friday, March 31, 2023 at 3:00PM Central Time. Please help us spread the word by directing high schools, colleges/universities, and students to the landing pages below! In 2023, Lockheed Martin’s Vocational Scholarship Program will award up to $5,000 to as many as 150 recipients. Each year, the STEM Scholarship Program awards $10,000 to 200 recipients studying engineering or computer science at a 4-year college or university.
Recipients may renew the scholarship up to three times for a total potential value of $40,000 per student.
Lockheed Martin Vocational Scholarship Program: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/who-we-are/communities/stem-education/lockheed-martin-vocational-scholarship.html
Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program: https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/who-we-are/communities/stem-education/lm-scholarship-program.html