Junction City High School Counselor
Advanced Placement Exam Schedule
AP Literature (English Literature and Composition) TBA
AP US History TBA
AP Biology TBA
AP Language (English Language and Composition) TBA
Technical Community Colleges
Southern Arkansas University https://web.saumag.edu/
University of Central Arkansas https://uca.edu/
University of Arkansas at Monticello https://www.uamont.edu/
University of Arkansas at Little Rock https://ualr.edu/
Ouachita Baptist University https://obu.edu/
Henderson State University https://www.hsu.edu/
Central Baptist College https://www.cbc.edu/
University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff http://www.uapb.edu/
University of Arkansas https://www.uark.edu/
Arkansas Baptist https://www.arkansasbaptist.edu/
Arkansas State University https://www.astate.edu/
Philander Smith College https://www.philander.edu/
Louisiana Tech University https://www.latech.edu/
University of Louisiana Monroe https://www.ulm.edu/
Grambling State University https://www.gram.edu/
Northwestern State University of Louisiana https://www.nsula.edu/
Louisiana State University https://www.lsu.edu/
University of Louisiana Lafayette https://louisiana.edu/
Southern University Baton Rouge https://www.subr.edu/
McNeese State University https://www.mcneese.edu/
Dillard State University https://www.dillard.edu/
Tulane University https://tulane.edu/
Louisiana State University Shreveport http://www.lsus.edu/
“Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
— Christopher Robin to Pooh, A.A. Milne
If you need help doing this, we can set up a time for you and your parents to come and bring tax information and we can help you with that. You have to complete the FAFSA in order to complete your application for the Arkansas Academic Challenge (Lottery) scholarship as well as for the Louisiana TOPS Scholarship program.
To complete entrance counseling and/or the student master promissory note, please click on the following: https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/sign-in/landing
To apply for the Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship - Complete the FAFSA - Go to Arkansas Scholarship Lottery
To apply for TOPS - Complete your FAFSA. Be sure your ACT scores have been sent electronically to the Louisiana Office of Financial Assistance. The code for this is 1595. You can do this at www.act.org if you did not have your scores sent there originally. School Code for the Northeast Claiborne Charter (NECC) is 991692.
Seniors are allowed two school days during their senior year to visit college campuses without being counted absent provided they meet the following criteria:
Return the permission slip to the counselor at least two days prior to the visit.
Notify each class teacher of his/her plans at least three days in advance of visit.
Seek pre-approval from the college or institution before scheduling college day.
Have at least a 2.0 average.
Return to school with written proof of visit.
College days will not be granted during seniors' final two weeks of school or during semester test weeks.
1) Arkansas Association of Federal Coordinators - Applications should be available online after the first of the year. All seniors are eligible to apply. The link for the scholarship is as follows: http://www.theaaea.org/page/AAFCScholarship
2) American Legion Scholarship - Deadline TBA - Counselor's Office
3) Coca Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarship - Deadline TBA . Apply at Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation Scholarship
4) Students who earn concurrent credit through Arkansas Tech while in high school are eligible for a $500 scholarship when they enroll at ATU. As long as they successfully complete one course before graduating high school, they should be eligible for the scholarship as an entering freshman.
5) Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund - apply online at www.aspsf.org Deadline for fall semester is TBA
6) Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship - (Lottery) - Requirements: The only requirement is 19 on the ACT or ACT equivalent score. FAFSA is required. Deadline June 1. Apply at Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship All the programs administered by the Arkansas Department of Education will be listed here and a place where you can apply. You will first have to create an account at You Universal. This is the first place the application link will take you. Let me know if you have any questions. Applications Open TBA
7) Governor’s Distinguished Scholarship - High School The Governor’s Distinguished Scholarship is the most academically rigorous scholarship program offered for those graduating seniors scoring either 32 on the ACT or 1410 on the SAT, and a 3.50 academic grade point average. Those who are named National Merit Finalists or National Achievement Scholars may qualify without meeting the GPA requirement, but must still meet the ACT/SAT requirement. The scholarship pays tuition, mandatory fees, room and board up to $10,000 per year. Requirements: At least a 32 ACT (1410 SAT) and a 3.5 GPA to apply. FAFSA not required. Award Amount: $10,000 per year. Apply at scholarships.adhe.edu.
8) Law Enforcement Officers’ Dependents Scholarship (LEO) - Other
LEO provides a waiver of tuition, fees, and room at any public college, university, or technical institute in Arkansas for dependents and spouses of Arkansas law enforcement officers, some Highway and Transportation Department employees, and other public employees, who were killed or permanently disabled in the line of duty. Award Amount: See overview page for Awards Information. Apply at scholarships.adhe.edu.
9) Military Dependents Scholarship (MDS) - Other
MDS provides a waiver of tuition, fees, room and board at any public college, university, or technical institute in Arkansas for dependents and spouses of Arkansans who were killed or missing in action or who were prisoners of war or who are totally and permanently disabled. Award Amount: See overview page for Awards Information. Apply at scholarships.adhe.edu
10) Arkansas Future Grant (ArFuture) - High School - Non-Traditional Students
Arkansas Future (ArFuture), is the newest state grant program. The purpose of this grant is to increase the education and skills of Arkansas’s workforce in an affordable manner. The grant applies to students enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) or regional high demand areas of study. The grant will cover tuition and fees for qualifying certificate and Associate degree programs at Arkansas’ public institutions for eligible students. The grant is available on a first come, first serve basis. Qualifying Degree Programs Apply at scholarships.adhe.edu Requirements: An Applicant must:
Have either graduated from an Arkansas public school, private school, home school or received high school equivalency diploma approved by the Department of Career Education; or
Verify that he or she has resided within the state for the three (3) years immediately preceding application and has either: Graduated from an out-of-state high school, private school, home school or received a high school equivalency diploma approved by another state.
Be enrolled part-time or full-time at an approved institution of higher education in a program of study that leads to an associate degree or a certification in a STEM or regional high demand field.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Apply at scholarships.adhe.edu
11) Gary Sewell Scholarship - Must be returned to Union County Farm Bureau (in the office) by
12) Union County Farm Bureau Scholarship - Must be returned to Union County Farm Bureau (in the office) by Family must be a member of Union County Farm Bureau.
13) Union County Community Foundation Scholarships - Apply online at www.uccfar.org Be sure to have all supporting documents available to download. You can go ahead and go to the website and look at the eligibility requirements and the essays that you have to write. Then you will be ready to apply when the application window opens.
14) Barnette-Harris Scholarship - Local Scholarship - Applications in counselor's office
15) El Dorado Service League Scholarships - Applications in counselor's office
16) Lion Federal Credit Union Scholarships - Applications in counselor's office
17) Kevin Payne Foundation Scholarship - Information will be available in the counselor's office.
18) James Anderson Foundation Scholarship - Information will be available in the counselor's office.
19) VFW Youth Scholarships https://www.vfw.org/community/youth-and-education/youth-scholarships Deadline: TBA
20) Win a $2500 Rover Scholarship https://www.rover.com/college-scholarship/ Deadline:
21) Essay Contests for Ayn Rand’s Anthem, The Fountainhead, and Atlas Shrugged https://www.aynrand.org/students/essay-contests Deadline: TBA
22) Discover Student Loans Sweepstakes https://scholarship.collegecovered.com/ Deadline: TBA
23) Create-A-Greeting-Card Scholarship https://www.gallerycollection.com/greeting-cards-scholarship.htm Deadline:TBA
24) Getting Real About Distracted Driving Scholarship https://comedydefensivedriving.com/scholarships
25) Jan Wilson Memorial Scholarship - Applications in counselor's office. Deadline: TBA
26) Mike Barrett Memorial Math Scholarship - Applications in counselor's office. Deadline: TBA
27) Robert "Truck" Loggins Memorial Scholarship Guidelines/Application Deadline: TBA
Check out the following scholarships just added to this page!
https://awafoundation.org/How_to_Apply (Automotive Women's Association)
https://www.gwcf.org/scholarship (Washington Crossing Foundation Scholarship)
NCAA Clearinghouse - College-bound student athletes in the junior and senior classes need to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center if they plan on participating in college athletes. Early registration promotes positive planning and involvement, eliminates the last-minute rush, and helps college-bound athletes avoid issues that may delay their academic and amateur certifications. Register online at www.eligibilitycenter.org .
NAIA Schools - The NAIA has also started an eligibility center. It is required if you plan on attending a NAIA school and participating in athletics. It is very similar to the NCAA Eligibility Center. To see a list of NAIA schools go to http://naia.cstv.com. You can even have them listed by state.
Helpful Websites *Important Note: Avoid any scholarship search that charges a fee.
www.adhe.edu – Arkansas Department of Higher Education Web Site- This site provides access to information about Higher Education across the state of Arkansas. This is also the web site that allows students to access the Arkansas Academic Challenge Scholarship Application. (Arkansas Lottery)
www.fundmyfuture.info – Financial Resources to address critical career needs in Arkansas. There is information as well as a free scholarship search at this web site.
www.asla.info Arkansas Student Loan Authority – This site provides information about loans as well as scholarships. There are links here to other scholarship searches.
www.fastweb.com Scholarship Search
www.collegeboard.com This site has information for students, parents, and teachers. There is also a scholarship search available here.
www.aspsf.org Single Parent Scholarship Fund
www.scholarships.com Free college scholarship search & financial aid information